What comes after mastering the fundamentals? What is next on the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu journey?*
The Gracie Barra Programme Structure defines three main stages of development for students: the Fundamentals Program, the Advanced Program and the Black Belt Program. These stages indicate different maturity levels and students upgrade from one to the other in their own natural progression.
While the Fundamentals Programme focuses on the building blocks and basic principles of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, the Advanced Programme is built on high-level techniques and drills that start shaping the students game flow through the development of reflexes, speed and reaction time as well as transitions between one technique and another.
After a few months in the GB Advanced Programem students typically experience a deeper involvement in GB’s philosophy, a stronger bond with training partners as well as more discipline and commitment to healthy habits that keep them in good shape.
Advanced Programme classes are based on a defined class structure and curriculum that take a broad and open-minded approach, incorporating techniques from different grappling styles like wrestling, judo, sambo, and, of course, Gracie Barra Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
It’s the little details that are vital. Little things make big things happen.
Benefit of Joining our Advanced Programme
- Learn the most effective take down techniques adapted to Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
- Develop transitions between Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu techniques
- Experience further improvements in overall fitness level
- Gain a better understanding of different aspects of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
- Start shaping your Jiu-Jitsu game flow by working with the instructor on your favorite techniques
- Step up to participate in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu competitions