What comes after mastering the fundamentals? What is next on the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu journey? When we do start the Advanced classes?*
* Available to three-stripe white belts and above
The GB Structure defines three main stages of development for students the GB1, GB2 and the GB3 Programmes. These Advanced classes indicate different stages at which you will begin to understand the deeper structure of BJJ.
While the GB1 will focus on teaching you the basic principles and movements of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, the GB2 classes are designed to teach high-level techniques and drills that start shaping your game, flow through the development of reflexes, speed and reaction time as well as transitions between one technique and another. You will learn to piece together in all that you have learnt and begin to find what works for you.
After a few months in the GB2 Programme students typically experience a deeper involvement in GB’s philosophy, begin to have stronger bonds with training partners as well as more discipline and commitment to healthy habits and the Jiu-Jistsu lifestyle
As you progress you’ll learn it’s the little details that are vital. Little things make big things happen. This is where the GB3 Black Belt classes come in. Here you will start to really understand how the principles are put into place, this class is not just about learning the fanciest and “knock out” moves of BJJ, but you will really start to understand why certain grips will change the dynamic of a whole fight.
Benefit of Joining our Advanced Programme
- Learn the most effective take down techniques adapted to Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
- Develop transitions between Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu techniques
- Experience further improvements in overall fitness level
- Gain a better understanding of different aspects of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
- Start shaping your Jiu-Jitsu game flow by working with the instructor on your favorite techniques
- Step up to participate in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu competitions