All payments for the below packages, are processed securely on behalf of Gracie Barra Belfast by GoCardless. Payments are taken on the 1st of every month (unless otherwise requested).
We offer the following programmes:
£50, Unlimited Classes (40+ classes a month including Barra Fit)
The Gracie Barra Fundamentals Programme is a 16-week cycle that teaches and reinforces the essential basics of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, including self-defence and sport Jiu Jitsu. The programme is designed in such a way that if you go to any Gracie Barra School on the same day, you’ll do the same warm up and learn the same techniques. The beauty of the course is that it introduces beginners to the essential techniques of BJJ, but also allows Advanced Programme students to continually sharpen their basics. The class will consist of a 10 minute warm-up, 35 minutes of technique and 15 minutes of positional sparring based on the techniques you have just learned. These classes are on twice a day everyday at 12pm and 7pm.
Note: Please complete a membership/insurance form too.
Advanced Programme – 61 classes a month!
£65, Unlimited Classes (includes unlimited access to the Fundamentals Programme)
Students who have reached the appropriate level of three stripe white belt through the Fundamentals Programme will be ready to move to the Advanced Programme. There is no set time limit for this, it depends on the frequency of training, but anywhere between 4-8 months would be normal. While the Fundamentals Program focuses on the building blocks and basic principles of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, the Advanced Program is built on high-level techniques and drills that start shaping the students game through the development of reflexes, speed and reaction time, as well as transitions between one technique and another. At the end of class, you’ll engage in live training drills. Students on the Advanced Programme will also benefit from a free dedicated competition class (free for Advanced students on the unlimited programme) on Friday mornings and on other times arranged by the coaches. These classes run after the night time fundamentals classes.
Women’s Self Defence Programme
£25, Women’s Self Defence Programme plus unlimited access to Barra Fit.
The Gracie Barra Women’s Programme combines a comprehensive self-defense curriculum with emphasis on drills that simulate realistic attack and escape situations. The techniques are complemented by a strong fitness component that is second to none compared to classes offered in regular gyms. This class is currently every Wednesday night at 7pm – 8pm.
All womans classes are taught by our female instructor Dawn Hynes.
Future Champions Programme
£30, Unlimited Classes (8 classes a month)
*discounted price for GB members and their families*
The Gracie Barra Future Champions Program was created to provide children ages 6-15 with an environment that allows them to experience and understand core values like focus, discipline, persistence, cooperation and respect. As a contact sport, Gracie Barra Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu provides a very challenging yet safe and caring environment for a child to mature towards a real life champion. Our classes are led by expert instructors with many years of experience teaching, competing and training BJJ. To be a champion, train with champions.
Note: if you have more than one child training we offer a substantial family discount. Please contact us for details.
What if I’m injured or wish to Cancel?
If you’re injured, or your circumstances change, then contact us.
If you wish to cancel a plan, like any gym, we ask ALL members to give at least 1 months notice before they wish to cancel.
*Do note an admin fee is charged if you cancel and return on more than 2 occasions.
- This is dependent on you maintaining payments of your monthly direct debit. If any monthly direct debit payment is not received on the due date for payment, then your membership will (except in exceptional circumstances and at our sole discretion) be automatically suspended until all due payments have been brought up to date.
- You will be provided with your personal non-transferable membership card that you will be requested to show at the start of your activity session. If your membership card is used by anyone else with your knowledge or consent then we reserve the right in our sole discretion to suspend and/or cancel your membership.
- Membership fees do not cover the cost of stolen or lost items in the changing rooms. Any property stored in changing room is stored at your own risk. We regret that we cannot accept liability for any loss or damage that may occur to items stored in the changing area.
- You must inform us if you have sustained a personal injury elsewhere or have developed a medical condition that may have consequences for training.
- Suitable gym clothing must be worn. Denim is not permitted and no items of clothing can have zips or toggles, this is to avoid injury to training partners or damage to mats.
- Equipment must be treated with respect. Please refrain from dropping weights as these will damage the mats (any damage will be charged to the individual) all equipment should be replaced to its original place after use.
- Mats and equipment must be wiped down after use, left clean and dry and replaced in the correct area. This is to maintain the high hygiene standard we adhere to. Cleaning fluid and alcohol disinfected is provided.
- You may not use the gym or participate in a class when under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any medication that may affect your safety. General
- You will be given a free membership card with your membership. Should you require a replacement, a fee will be charged.
- Membership does not guarantee the availability of a parking space. Parking spaces are available on a first come first served basis. Parking is limited to a maximum of 3 hours. Please do not be parking near any of the other businesses during the day time hours.
- Members must keep their personal details up to date at all times. Any changes should be made by asking a member of staff behind the desk.
- Smoking (including e-cigarettes) is not permitted in the area near the gym.
- Food and chewing gum are not permitted within the gym area or during classes.
- We ask you to familiarise yourself with the contents of our signs, notices on display around the gym and the location of the emergency exits.
- You are required to abide by our policy on the use of cameras, video and mobilephones.
- Failure to adhere to these rules may result in the termination of your membership.
- Your membership starts immediately.
- You will be entitled to all the rights and privileges exercisable for the Type of Membership chosen.FEES AND CHARGES
- The Joining Fee / Initial Payment is due from you to us, is payable immediately and is not refundable other than due to cancellation under the Principal Terms above or in the event of breach or negligence by us.
- The Direct Debit Payment Amount is due from you to us. You are obligated to make the Minimum No. of Direct Debit Payments stated (1 per month with 30 day cancellation notice) with the first one being paid on the 1st Direct Debit Payment Date and then every month thereafter. You are obligated to make every Direct Debit Payment regardless of non attendance, except where the cancellation terms below (or under the Principal Terms) are met.
- If you fail to pay any monies due under this agreement or if any Direct Debit is returned unpaid or if any other form of payment is not honoured for whatever reason, you shall pay us on demand an administration fee of £25 (which we require to cover our costs of seeking to pursue such payment from you) this included signing off and signing back up again.
- You agree to advise us promptly of any change to the Members Details provided.
- If you fail to pay any amount due under this agreement for a period of more than thirty days, then we may pass the debt to a third partycompany for collection. The reasonable and direct costs incurred in employing the third party company will be borne by you including costs in tracing you if you have changed your address without telling us.
- Once you have completed the Minimum No. Of Direct Debit Payments we will automatically continue collecting the Direct Debit Payment Amount every month. Your membership will be extended by one month for each payment (“Renewal Period”). This renewal Direct Debit payment amount may only be amended if we advise you in writing giving not less than 30 days notice. Please note if your membership included the benefit of a free period then we will stop making collections during that free period and recommence making collections on the renewal date.
- You may prevent the Automatic Renewal at any time by giving notice to our staff (you should give us no less than 30 days notice). When the final minimum period payment has been taken you should cancel your Direct Debit mandate directly with your bank.
- Once you have completed the Minimum Number of Direct Debit payments you can cancel your Automatic Renewal payments by contacting our staff (you should give us not less than 30 days notice). After the final payment has been taken you should also cancel your Direct Debit mandate directly with your bank.
- Long term (over 3 month) illness or injury: This agreement may be cancelled or suspended (£1per month contract) in the event of an illness, injury or medical condition which in the written opinion of a doctor or other suitably qualified medical practitioner prohibits exercise for 3 months or longer upon appropriate proof being provided.
- Temporary Illness or Injury: This agreement may be frozen in the event of a temporary illness, injury or medical condition which in thewritten opinion of a doctor or other suitably qualified medical practitioner prohibits exercise for a period of time.
Please note – ANY Freeze will not be effected until the appropriate proof is provided and received (in writing or via email) by Harlands or the club.
Please note – A freeze period does not affect the Minimum No. of Direct Debit Payments you are due to make and any payments remaining at the time of the freeze will remain due and recommence on a monthly basis once the freeze period has completed. GENERAL TERMS
- If we take no action or let you off with any breach of this agreement or give you extra time to pay or comply, it will not stop us enforcing the terms of this agreement strictly at a future date you will still be charged for active membership unless you cancel yourself with 30days minimum notice.
- We may assign the benefit of this agreement and our rights there-under to a third party on notice to you. Your rights under this agreement will not be prejudiced.
- We will do our best to resolve any disputes over this agreement. If you wish to take court proceedings against us you must do so within the United Kingdom. Relevant UK law will apply.
- If any part of this agreement is disallowed or found to be ineffective by any court or regulator, the other provisions shall continue to apply
- We may terminate this agreement with immediate effect on notice to you if you are in breach of the Clubs Rules (i.e. Stealing or other criminal activities within the facility). In this event you will not be liable to pay any further Direct Debit Payments, provided such breach is not deemed by us to have occurred primarily in order to qualify you for a refund.
*The membership is taken out on a monthly direct debit basis (1st of the month unless stated otherwise, by signing up to any of the above packages you are willingly entering into a contract with ourselves, this is a monthly rolling contract and all customers must give at least 1 months notice period before cancelling, and must cancel their direct debits themselves, we will issue no refunds on memberships no matter how long the payments have been continuing for.
If you wish to pause you membership we offer a £1 per month rolling plan until you return. This will avoid any admin fees for re-setting up any plan or memberships that we offer.