Women’s Self Defence Programme at Gracie Barra Belfast
Aside from all classes offered in the Adults Gracie Barra Programme Structure, our school offers a set of classes designed to introduce women to the art of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
As a martial art designed to allow the weaker to defeat the stronger, BJJ is a perfect fit for women who are interested in learning how to protect themselves – and who wouldn’t be, right?
The Gracie Barra Women’s Programme combines a comprehensive self-defense curriculum with emphasis on drills that simulate realistic attack and escape situations.
The techniques are complemented by a strong fitness component that is second to none compared to classes offered in regular gyms.
All classes are taught by a female instructor.
- Learn how to protect yourself from most common attacks
- Develop awareness and self-confidence to deal with typical assaults against women
- Increase focus, energy and concentration
- Increase self-confidence
- Enjoy significant gains in overall fitness level
- Become part of the “GB Family”
- Train in over 300 different locations 300 worldwide
- Free access to the school’s events and special classes
You’ll notice a very positive and friendly environment when you enter our school. Although martial arts can be intimidating for women, this class is definitely not intimidating. You will find a group of girls, some of them wearing a pink GB uniform, who are excited to be there and excited to have you there. The instructor will run several basic drills and after a few classes you will catch up with the rest of the group. Once you master the basics you will really enjoy the intensity of a class based on effective self-defense techniques and real life scenarios.